Friday, December 21, 2012

My Favorite Holiday Treat: Pecan Bars

 I've been baking like crazy this past week! You'd think I'd have a kitchen full of goodies right now, but between what we've given away and what we've snacked on, it's time to bake some more. 

 The Christmas season is so odd this year. It is the first time I've been away from Indiana around this time of the year and therefore away from my family.  I have been trying to hold on to all things special about this time of the year by still doing it all even if it is just me doing it. 

These pecan bars are definitely my favorite holiday treat. Oh, these are beyond sinful. So buttery. So sugary. BUT SO GOOD! My husband, who is not a nut fan, also loves these. So, I figured I'd share the recipe with you all, so you can enjoy them as well.

Pecan Bars

Ingredients:
(for crust)
1 package of yellow cake mix (the kind with pudding in the mix)
1/4 cup melted butter
(for topping)
4 cups pecan pieces
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup heavy cream 

Mix your melted butter and cake mix together.  Press into the bottom of a jelly roll pan to form a crust. Top with the pecan pieces. Combine all of the other ingredients (except for the heavy cream) into a pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream. Pour over the crust and pecans. Place into an oven preheated to 350°F for 17-20 minutes. Cool completely, cut into squares, and enjoy!

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment