Monday, November 26, 2012

Recipe Monday: Leftover Turkey 10 Bean Soup

 I made this soup without taking any pictures of the process. I decided not to let that stop me. I'm still sharing this recipe with you. The preparation isn't all that exciting anyway. But this soup is super exciting with its awesome flavor. Man, I'm glad we have leftovers.

This is an easy and delicious way to use up some of your leftover turkey. I actually used chicken because I had leftovers from making my chicken and noodles. You don't even have to include the meat! Pfft, it's gonna be delicious either way. 

10 Bean Soup Recipe:

32 oz. chicken broth + 16 oz. water
1 cup of 10 bean dry mix
1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots 
1 cup shredded cooked turkey or chicken
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 dry bay leaves
pepper and salt to taste

Let your beans soak in water overnight and rinse in the morning.
Combine all of your ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high for 8 hours.
Enjoy!

Until next time.

1 comment: