Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving and Mom's Pecan Pie

This Thanksgiving is different for me. I've spent every Thanksgiving in Indiana with my family. 
This is the first year we'll be spending Thanksgiving with Kyle's family.
I'm excited we get to spend time with his family, especially since he has spent the past few years away from them. Of course, I'm missing my family, but I'm finding little ways to just remember them today.

 I've been spending the morning working on making homemade chicken and noodles. An Indiana tradition. I can't wait for Kyle's family to give these a try. I hope I don't mess it up. So much pressure!

 I'm thankful to have a house full of puppies. We got Pinky, one of our previous foster dogs, back in addition to still having Lena. That's a lot of dogs. I'm so glad we decided to foster and are able to give these cuties a temporary home.

 I love them even if it is impossible to get a picture of them all together. 

I love my mom's pecan pie, so of course I had to make it this year. All on my own. It looks awesome and I'm hoping it tastes just like when she makes it. 

Here's the recipe:

2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup melted butter
dash of salt
1 cup pecan halves

Mix that all together and pour it into an unbaked pie crust.
Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes with the crust covered in foil.
Baked for another 25 minutes with the crust uncovered. 
Let it cool completely and enjoy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment