Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

 Molly was so excited to put on her turtle costume this year. We bought this last year at Target on clearance right after Halloween. She's been asking to wear it practically every month since.

I might be exaggerating a little. Maybe she could care less and maybe she kind of hates the hat.  But she looks super cute, right!?

 We carved our pumpkins, which do not last as long in California as they did in Indiana. They already look so wilted. Mine is on the left and Kyle's is on the right. Can you tell that I carved a cupcake? Cause I tried really hard (or just did it really quickly because I'm impatient). 

 Don't forget! Don't throw out your pumpkin seeds. Roast them up and make a delicious snack. Clean them off. Toss them in some olive oil and whatever seasonings you'd like. I used pepper, salt, and paprika. Kept it pretty simple this year. 

 Then put them in an oven preheated to 400°F for 10-20 minutes. Toss them around every 5 minutes. The time will depend on the amount of pumpkin seeds that you have. Mine only took 10 minutes. Then snack away! OR - check out my Cajun Pumpkin Seed Mix from last year and give that a try.

Molly wasn't the only one that dressed up. Kyle and I went as Bob and Linda from Bob's Burgers.

And Lena (our newest foster puppy) was a sleepy pirate. 

Happy Halloween! 

Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. The dog costumes!
    Also, the cupcake pumpkin, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the costumes. You did a great job!
    Stopping by from the Costume Party hop.

    - Kaileigh somehowchaotic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your costume! I swear this is the best one I've seen yet. I love Bob's Burgers!!!! Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love bob's burgers! these costumes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you share where you found your Linda glasses? I'm googling for our Bob's Burgers costumes and your pic came up. I love it! my husband and I are going as Bob and Linda this year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! Where did you find your glasses?

    ReplyDelete