Monday, September 10, 2012

Recipe Monday

This is one of those recipes that I didn't really plan on making, but just decided to one day. Turns out that this quick idea is delicious!

 Ingredients

Dice up 1/2 of an onion. Heck, do the whole thing if you love onion. It cooks down a lot. 

Put that in a pan with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of your preferred oil. I used olive oil and was nervous that it would taste burnt or off, but it worked out just fine. Cook your onion and garlic over a medium heat until the onion starts to become translucent. 

Add in 1 cup of your cabbage and carrot mixture. I just used a packaged mix that I had (coleslaw), but you could just buy each item and dice up however much of each that you want. 

Keep cooking that over a medium heat until the veggies become tender. Cook to your preference, really. I like my veggies to have a bit of a crunch still, so I didn't cook them for too long. 

Once your veggies are at your preferred texture, scoot them to one side of the pan. Crack your egg straight into the pan and cook it up real quick. You may need to add some oil to prevent sticking, if you veggies have soaked most of it up. 

Add in 2 cups of cooked brown rice. 

Mix thoroughly and add in a little bit of soy sauce for flavor if you'd like. 

This really hit the spot for me. It was a quick and tasty lunch. Just enough flavor without being too heavy. Try it out sometime!

 Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment