Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Move in Instagrams


1. Despite the temptation to drive for 30+ hours straight (ha), we did stop at a few hotels along the way. It was hard to stop because I always seemed to be ready to keep going. I was able to sleep at the hotels even though I was all pumped up on stress. Molly did so well on the whole car ride and even in the hotels.

2. These are just a few of the states we went through. We also went through Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and of course, California. 

3. It was fun to see how the terrain changed from state to state. I mean, don't get me wrong, for most of the trip it was quite boring and flat. I still tried to appreciate the opportunity (which has actually been our second) to drive across the country. 

4. While in Texas, we decided to try out Whataburger. I've heard great things and I really enjoyed it. Kyle is a burger snob and nothing can compare to In-N-Out for him. Truth be told, I like In-N-Out better as well. 

5.  Yes, this is a giant bug that we saw in Arizona. I'm glad that it was on its back and not crawling around. Ugh.

6. When we got to our new house, Kyle's mom had a gift basket waiting for us in our kitchen. How adorable is this?

7. This is the view from our back windows. I know, I know. They're just trees, right? But it's new to me and I love it!

8. Molly is really enjoying being settled. She's still getting used to all of the new smells and terrain, but she seems to be pretty content as long as we're with her. She loves all of the windows and fresh air though!

I'm sorry that I've been absent for so long. Moving across the country is a lot of work. We're still pretty busy with putting together our house, visiting friends and family, and job searching. Don't worry though, I plan on continuing to remain focused on this blog. I have a passion for it and don't plan to stop any time soon.

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment