Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Week in Instagrams {Week 27}


1. I went to the dentist this week just for a cleaning. I knew my crown wasn't doing very well (I got it at least 10 years ago from chipping my tooth completely off), but I guess I didn't realize how bad it was. They took some x-rays and realized pretty quickly that an infection had gotten into it. So, I had a root canal right on the spot! I had never had one and was pretty nervous. It was actually WAY easier than people have made it sound. My jaw was a little sore the rest of the day, but it almost always is after I visit the dentist. So, here's a picture of me showing off my crooked smile that I had because of my mouth being numb on one side. 

2. The 4th of July was this week! This is about as far as I went when it came to celebrating. Painting my nails red and blue. We were planning on going to fireworks, but Molly wasn't feeling well, so we stayed home with her. It was also miserably hot out.

3. I got my hair cut! I've been going back and forth between wanting to cut my bangs and wanting to let them grow out completely. I decided that having bangs makes my hair look like it has more volume. You gotta do what you can when your hair is as straight and thin as mine. My sister cut it for me and I love it. 

4. Like I said earlier, Molly hasn't been feeling well. This week has been full of our whole family being miserable. I feel sick almost daily, Kyle had an upset stomach one day this week, and Molly has been all over the place. She had a swollen lip one day, which we think was due to a bite of some sort. It went away pretty quickly. I think her problem right now is that she is stressed. We've been moving a lot of furniture out of the house and now we're house sitting for my parents. So, I think she's going into panic mode and doesn't know how to handle all of this. It makes me so sad when dogs are sick. That's the moment when I wish she could tell me what she's feeling!

Crohn's Update:
Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I went to a new doctor! The bad news is that 1) he was way worse than the first doctor and 2) there isn't much they can do at this point without going through another colonoscopy and upper scope. Part of me wants to try and schedule this all before we leave, but I know I'll end up having to have another one with the next doctor. Also, since I didn't feel AT ALL comfortable with this doctor, I didn't want to proceed with him anyway. I did get some nausea medicine though. It's my fault for waiting so long, I know. But it's also hard when everything cost so much dang money. Ugh, right?

Until next time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment