Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe Monday

This recipe comes from a cookbook from Kyle's mom's side of the family. I love family cookbooks and have been wanting to try out a recipe from this book to post on here. 

There were a lot of interesting sounding dishes, but I decided on Curried Fruit. I love fruit. I love curry. So, the two should go together, right? I was a little worried too. You're not alone. I didn't follow this recipe exactly, but it's the same general concept. 

Ingredients

Dice up one of each of the following: a pear, peach, plum, and banana. 

Mix your diced fruit together into a oven-safe dish.  Top with 1/2 cup of applesauce.

Then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of curry powder over the top. I honestly just eyeballed the curry powder, but I think that 1 teaspoon is a good place to start. Once I smelled the curry along with the fruit I got really excited. The two items started to make sense together. To cook this you just stick it in an oven set to 350°F for 30 minutes. 

This smelled awesome coming right out of the oven. The spices work with the fruit and it smells like you've been working all day on making a pie from scratch. I decided to put mine on some oatmeal for breakfast. 

This was a great decision. I love the way that the curry works with the fruit. It made for a really great breakfast and I'm going to keep this recipe handy for future use. 

 Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment