Monday, June 4, 2012

Recipe Monday

I love salads. I've rarely met a salad that I didn't enjoy. This is a simple spin on pasta salad. Let me tell you, it is an awesome spin. Am I allowed to gloat about my own recipes?

Ingredients

Rinse your asparagus thoroughly and chop of the ends. I usually chop from the end until about an inch into the piece. 

Then chop the remaining pieces into smaller, more bite sized pieces. 

Bring a large pot of water (halfway filled - approx. 8 cups) to a boil. Add in 2 cups of your dried pasta. Cook until there is 3 minutes remaining in the cooking time (per directions on box). 

Add the chopped asparagus into the water (with the pasta) and let cook for the remaining 3 minutes. You can really cook your asparagus in a separate pot of water if you prefer. I just thought this was a clever way to reduce the amount of dishes you will use. 

Once your cooking time is complete, strain your pasta and asparagus. Immediately rinse with cold water. This will stop the cooking process and will also get your pasta and asparagus cool enough to serve immediately. Rinse until your ingredients are cool to the touch. 

Place the asparagus and pasta into a large bowl. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. 

Grate in 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese. Trust me, go with the good stuff on this one. 

Mix thoroughly and you're done! Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. 

This was awesome. Did I already say that? The flavors just went so well together, but it wasn't too much. I hope you try out this recipe soon. It would be great for picnics and get-togethers this summer!

Until next time.

1 comment: