Monday, May 14, 2012

Recipe Monday

I'm cheating a little this week. This isn't really that creative of a recipe. I'd barely call it a recipe at all. I found a new love for Brussels sprouts this past year. I've tried them several ways at this point by both trying to do my own thing and following recipes that I find. Well, this is officially this easiest and tastiest way that I enjoy them. Also, I think this is a good start recipe if you've never tried Brussels sprouts before. 

 Ingredients

Give your Brussels sprouts a good wash before doing anything else. Then cut off the end of each one. 

Then start chopping them up completely. A lot of recipes just cook them whole and that's how I had always seen them as well. But just trust me on this one, and chop them up. 

Add a little bit of olive oil and garlic to a pan. This isn't really the type of recipe where I have everything measured out, plus it will depend on how much you're making. But just don't go overboard with the olive oil. You really won't need much at all. The garlic kind of depends on how big of a fan you are of it. 

Add your chopped sprouts to pan and season with salt and pepper. 

I usually keep it on about a medium heat and stir it almost constantly. It will only take about 3-5 minutes for the Brussels sprouts to be done, depending on how much you have in your pan. You're basically looking for them to start turning a super bright green and they will also shrink down quite a bit. Don't overcook though because you're also still trying to keep them crisp. 

And there you have it, my favorite way to prepare Brussels sprouts! They're just so fresh, crisp, and delicious. I love, love, love them. I'm thinking about doing a Brussels sprouts salad here soon for another Recipe Monday. How does that sound?

Oh, and if you're really that worried about measurements here's a guess for you. I used about 1 cup of chopped Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. 

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment