Monday, April 23, 2012

Recipe Monday

This is another one of those extremely easy recipes that I think everyone should already know. In case you don't have an easy chicken salad recipe on hand, I'll give you my recipe. There are a ton of ways to make chicken salad, but at the same time they're all pretty similar. Here's the way that I prefer to make it. 

 Ingredients

You can either buy precooked chicken, cook it yourself, or even used canned chicken. Whichever is fine. Whatever method you choose, you'll need 2 cups of shredded chicken. I just cooked up some tenders and then shredded them until I had enough. Place the shredded chicken into a large bowl. 

Dice up enough celery to get 1 cup. 

Dice enough grapes to get 1 cup. 

Add these to the bowl along with the chicken. Then add in 1/4 cup of crushed or diced pecans. 

Then add in 1 cup of plain yogurt and salt and pepper to taste. I prefer to use yogurt because it seems to be the healthiest method. You could use half yogurt and half mayonnaise if you'd like (or even sour cream). Any combination will work if you want to adjust it to your preference. Also feel free to add less at first just to make sure that it isn't going to be to saucy for your taste.

Stir until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper if you feel like it is needed. 

I was going to serve this on endive leaves, but they didn't have any kind except for the curly kind. So, instead I just chopped some up and served the chicken salad over the top.  The endive is pretty bitter, but it goes perfectly with this pretty sweet version of chicken salad. 

This makes quite a bit and it will usually feed us for a few meals. I never get tired of it.

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. I know this is a silly question, but is it ok for me to change the pecans with chopped almonds? This recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it with almonds, but I'm sure it would be delicious! It might change up the flavor a bit, but I'm sure you could use almost any nut you'd like. :)

      Delete
  2. great site, keep up the awesome/helpful posts :)
    Thanks for sharing this idea interesting blog, Please continue this great work.



    Rusty Solomon Disbarred

    ReplyDelete