Sunday, April 22, 2012

Quick One

I'm sorry I kind of slacked off for the last half of the week. I didn't have anything thoroughly planned even though I have a big list of ideas. Then when I didn't feel well for a few days, it just made me less motivated to make the blog posts or to even plan them out. Wah, wah. I did however try out a new recipe this week, so I figured maybe I could just share it quickly to make up for Friday?

Cilantro Pasta (adapted from Tasty Easy Healthy Green)
This is a pretty simple pasta recipe that I decided to make because I had a ton of cilantro as you always will whenever you go to store to get some. The bunches are gigantic! To start this recipe I cooked 12 oz. of pasta. While the pasta was cooking, I chopped 1/2 bunch of cilantro and also heated 1/2 cup of olive oil in a pot.

Once the oil had been sitting over the heat for a few minutes, I added in the cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. I let this cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the pasta was done. Then I drained a can of diced tomatoes and topped the cooked pasta with those and the cilantro sauce. 

It was tangy and quite good. The one thing that I would say is that it is kind of oily. The recipe called for 1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil for only 8 oz. of pasta. I used 12 oz. of pasta and still found 1/2 cup of olive oil to be too much. So, I would definitely reduce that. This is good as far as an easy recipe goes to just throw together. 

Until next time.

1 comment: