Friday, March 30, 2012

.



I attempted this particular pin because of a friend who wanted to see me do this. It seemed like a simple idea, but I probably would have never thought of the idea. I mean, yes, I've baked apples before and yes, I've baked an apple pie. I never thought about doing it this way though. You need to get some granny smith apples and premade pie crust. You can make your own if you'd like, but you'd be crazy to want to do that. 

You'll also need some cinnamon, white sugar, and brown sugar. 

Scoop out the insides of your apples. I used two apples. The insides weren't very attractive when it came to using them for the pie part, so I decided to cut up an extra apple to use instead. The original source did this as well.

I diced up one apple and mixed it with the cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar in the amount on the original recipe, but cut in half. 

Then scoop as much as your can into the apples you had previously emptied out. Don't be afraid to pile it up a little because it will cook down later. 

Next you need to make the topping. In the photo I pinned they did a lattice top, but I decided to not annoy myself with that. Instead I just cut out a couple hearts for each apple. 

I sat the two apples into pie pan along with about a tablespoon of water at the bottom. Cover them with foil and bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes and then uncover and bake another 20 minutes until the crust is slightly golden brown. 

These were a yummy little treat and incredibly adorable. I think It's a great idea when planning a party or dinner. A good old fashioned apple pie is easier to eat, but these are far easier to make. And again, they're adorable, so who cares?

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment