Friday, March 23, 2012

.



I know that I've made homemade dog treats on here before. My recipe involved a lot of different ingredients however and this one does not. I was so excited about how easy this sounded that I needed to try it out. 

You just need some whole wheat flour and baby food. The original recipe says that you can use almost any baby food, savory or sweet. Just make sure to avoid any ingredients that may be harmful to dogs (onions, grapes, chocolate, etc.). I decided to stick with fruits. 

In a medium sized bowl combine your baby food and flour. You need 4 oz. of baby food per 1 cup of flour. If it's a little dry, you can add in some water. 

Combine until you form it into dough. 

Spread a little bit of extra flour onto a flat surface and roll out your dough. Cut into shapes.

Place your cookies onto a cooking sheet and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. 

Let me cool completely before letting your puppy munch on these. 

They turned out really well, as far as I could tell. They were a bit harder than the ones I had made, which I liked. The ultimate test, of course, is making sure that Molly enjoys them. 

She definitely seemed interested in them. 

And she definitely had no problem eating them as well. 
Easy, easy way to make homemade treats! 

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment