Monday, February 6, 2012

Recipe Monday

I love Caprese salad. My goodness, I mean how can a combination of flavors get any better? I had thought about making little personal pizzas using mushrooms and then it turned into this because I had some fresh mozzarella to use. So glad that I ended up making this. 

Ingredients

Cut off the stems on your portabellas. I actually used baby bellas because the regular ones were HUGE and the tomato seemed like it would be just the right size for the smaller ones. I mean, these are still a pretty decent size though. Put your mushrooms onto a cooking sheet (top side down) and bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. 

While your mushrooms are baking for that time, you can cut up all of your other ingredients. You'll need one slice of tomato and mozzarella per mushroom. Then just dice up however much basil you think you'd like. I love basil, so I probably add a little more than some do. 

Once your mushrooms have baked for those 8 minutes, add your tomato, mozzarella, and basil. Then stick it in the oven again (375 degrees) and bake for another 12 minutes. 

Top these with some balsamic glaze once they're out of the oven. You can buy balsamic glaze in most grocery stores, but you can also make your own by reducing down balsamic vinegar. I topped these with a little extra fresh basil after they were done cooking. So good. Oh, and there will be some excess liquid in your pan after they bake, don't be alarmed. Enjoy!

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment