Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Glitter Nails

I know, this seems like a strange post just to have stuck in the middle of all of my other ones. I love painting my nails, but I usually don't really do anything spectacular or worth sharing. I thought this was a cute little idea though and definitely felt like someone else might like to see it. Maybe? I might be crazy. 

You need two simple things to achieve this look. You need some glitter. You know, real glitter. Not the nail polish with little glitter pieces in it, but this big, chunky crafting glitter. 

Then you'll need a clear top coat. Maybe go out and buy a cheap one for this project because you might end up with glitter in it. 

Then all you do is pour of some glitter and use the brush with a little bit of top coat on it to apply it all over or just on the tips of your nails. It's actually fairly easy to get all of the glitter off of the brush if you don't want any floating around in your left over top coat. You can apply as little or as much as you want. Since the glitter is so big, it's pretty easy to move around and work with. The top coat and brush just help to make it stick. 

Then actually apply a top coat to the top of everything and they're done! I was so scared that the glitter would just flake off, but they stayed put for quite some time. I washed my hair, did dishes, and went out with friends. They stayed put the whole time. I love glitter. I love nail polish. This was just meant to happen.

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment