Friday, February 10, 2012

-


Valentine's Day is next week and I didn't really feel like making it a big deal on my blog. I've never been one to make a big production out of the day. Don't get me wrong, I love using that day as an excuse to spend with my husband, but I just have never done a ton of DIY projects for it before. I saw these little DIY bookmarks though and thought they were too adorable to not try. 


You're going to need just a few different things for this project. A lot of these items you might already have in your home. Thread, needles, glue, scissors, paper clips, and fabric. You'll want a thicker fabric such as felt. I actually ended up using flannel. 

Cut out two hearts. Of course, you want them to be identical, so you'll want to double over your fabric or pin two pieces together when you cut it. 

Then just on the front piece you need to create little stitches. This just gives it that adorable sewn look. 

Add glue to the heart that will be on bottom, stick your paper clip in between, and then press the top heart onto the whole thing. 

After you let it dry, it's ready to go. These ended up being really cute. I was scared that the flannel would be too flimsy, but once the glue hardened it gave it some extra support. If you head over to the original source (Thirty Handmade Days), you can find some free printable valentines to go along with these bookmarks! Such a cute, simple idea for Valentine's day and also an easy way to give yourself a new bookmark whenever you're in need!

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I discovered your web site by means of Google at the same time as looking for a related subject, your website got here up, it appears good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

    IEEE Projects for IT

    ReplyDelete