Friday, January 20, 2012


Pinterest Friday: This is a new thing that I am trying out. I've come to terms with that fact that I'm not as creative when it comes to thinking of DIY projects. I think it's because I see way too many projects through all the blogs that I follow that I end up only thinking about things that I want to try out. So, that's exactly what I am going to do. I'm going to attempt different projects that I have found and pinned on Pinterest. If you don't know what Pinterest is then please don't look into it. You'll lose too many hours of your life. I'm joking (kind of). Just click the link at the top of this page that says Pinterest and you can check out mine! Oh, sorry for another cheesy blog title. It's just the easiest way to get the point across. 


Here's what we're trying out this week. Smoothie packets! Why the heck didn't I think of this sooner? I make smoothies quite often for my breakfast. I usually feel pretty queasy in the morning, so eating is usually not an option. Smoothies seem to work for me. Plus they're pretty healthy, right? My biggest problem  was that I ended up wasting a lot of yogurt. When I saw this pin though, that problem was solved. 

Get your preferred yogurt. 

Place it into ice cube trays. Two ice cube trays held that whole container of yogurt. Then stick your trays into the freezer AND fuh-get about it! Well, for a while at least. 

Then slice and dice your fruits of choice (or vegetables even). Showcase them off while doing your best Vanna White impression. Obviously, mine isn't very good. 

Place those into a zip lock bag and into the freezer they go. I'm not going to lie, I bought several bags of frozen fruits instead of freezing more. Indiana's produce is pretty terrible in the winter season.

 After awhile, you'll have these convenient little cubes of frozen yogurt. The original source for this idea suggests splitting up all of your cubes of yogurt into individual bags with fruit. Then you'd have ready-to-go smoothie packets!

I used about 4 cubes of yogurt in my smoothie. This smoothie also had some fresh spinach, frozen bananas, and frozen peaches. I also added in some water. 

Blend, blend, blend. Then you have an awesome green smoothie. I'm so excited to quit wasting my yogurt. This is was such a simple and smart idea. Thanks, Pinterest. 

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. this is the greatest ever! my yogurt always goes bad! as well as fruit... but there's no excuse for that. i bet at ice cube size they blend up pretty fast too!

    ReplyDelete