Friday, January 27, 2012

-


So, did we like this idea? I like it. Maybe that's just because this gives me an excuse to be more obsessed with Pinterest. 


I love eggs. I try to be good at making eggs. I feel like it should be something that's incredibly easy (which scrambling is), but somehow I can still mess it up. I can never get the yolk perfect or I kill the  whole thing when I turn it. This idea seemed to be an easy way to keep your eggs under control and it looked incredibly tasty. 

I would suggest getting a smaller bell pepper. I think my rings were a little too wide, so the egg was spread out pretty thinly. Also, try to make your rings as even as possible. It was hard to get them to sit flat onto the pan, which resulted in some whites running out. 

You basically just crack your egg into the inside of your pepper ring. Then cover it and let it cook until the whites are cooked all the way through. Of course, you could also cook it longer if you don't like a runny yolk (you're crazy if you don't). 

Why do my two eggs look so different? I have no idea. I did the exact same thing each time. The one on the left turned out better than the one on the right. The left one was more attached to the pepper. The other one just kind of fell out and didn't really cook onto the pepper. I think this is still a great idea and it also makes for a yummy breakfast! The pepper stays nice and crisp since the egg doesn't have a long cooking time. Pinterest attempt number two was a decent success. 

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. these looks super yummy, i love green peppers!

    ReplyDelete