Sunday, December 25, 2011

12 Days of Christmas {Day 12}


"The 12 Days of Christmas" has always been a special song to me. It is by the far the silliest song you could hear around the holidays and most of the time it annoys people. However, it makes me think of my family. As I was growing up, my Dad's side of the family would always get together on Christmas Eve. At a certain point in the evening, we would all sit together in a circle and sing Christmas songs and carols. "The 12 Days of Christmas" was a song that was an absolute must every year. Everyone would couple or group off and we'd divide the numbers to everyone. It was always a riot watching people forget when it was their turn to sing or to hear them sing their part in a ridiculous way. Most of us live in different locations now and we usually can't all get together. No matter how small the group is, we still sing every year. One year I wasn't able to be with anyone from that side of the family on Christmas Eve, but I still got a call when it was time to sing "The 12 Days of Christmas." I hope you have or develop some traditions with your family that remind you just how special they are each and every year. 

Enjoy your day of goodies, presents, and (most importantly) family! I know I will be. I hope you've enjoyed the past 12 days (er, or 11) and I hope they have helped in some way or another. If they didn't help at all then I at least hope the posts were fun to look at. Now for the bad news. I am going to be taking a break from posting for this next week. If you really miss me that much, just work your way through my posts again and try something you haven't before! I'll be back before you know it. 

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment