Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 Days of Christmas {Day 11}

Whenever I tell people that one of my favorite traditional Christmas foods are pickle wraps, I often get weird looks. This is something that I've had on Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember. This isn't a difficult snack to make at all, but I figured we don't need any complex ideas since it's Christmas Eve! Can you believe it? 

Ingredients
whole dill pickles
sliced ham
cream cheese

Dry off your slices of ham by placing them between two paper towels. 

Do the same with your pickles. You want the pickles and ham dry so that everything sticks and it will roll easily. 

Spread some cream cheese onto a slice of ham. 

Place your pickle on the ham and roll it up. At this point you'll also want to wrap the roll into some plastic wrap and refrigerate it for awhile. This will help when it comes to slicing it. We usually make these the night before and then refrigerate them until the next day. 

Slice up the roll into bite size pieces and you have a delicious snack! Most of the members of my family LOVE this little appetizer. The flavors just blend so well together. Maybe it seems silly, but it's a tradition that I look forward to each year. 

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment