Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Whipped Up Wednesday!

Now that I have done this a few times, I feel that I can jump into this post without any explanation. Does that work for you guys? Why am I typing this then? Here's what I've been whipping up!

I have still been just as excited about making new soups. This soup came together one night when I had NO idea what to have for dinner. So, I kind of just threw together whatever we had. It basically ended up consisting of chicken stock and cream of mushroom for the broth. All of the delicious chunky stuff consists of smoked sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, and onions. 

I found this smoothie recipe on a blog that I follow. As soon as I read the recipe, I got so excited to get up and make it the next morning. I am so glad that I did. This is one delicious smoothie. Definitely try it if you have the ingredients (or go and get them)! You can find the recipe here

Kyle's birthday was at the beginning of this month. He usually always wants Pineapple Upside Down Cake for his birthday. Well, this year he asked for Oreo Cheesecake instead. So, I found a super simple recipe to make these Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes! They were beyond easy to make and really tasty to eat. I believe it is a Martha Stewart recipe, but I followed the recipe from this blog

As much as I love my usual guacamole recipe, I decided to change it up a little. I had gotten some more green tomatoes and wanted to come up with different ways to use them (other than baking them like I showed you earlier this week). I added some into my guacamole and blended it up a little more than usual. I think everything else was close to the same as far as ingredients. It was REALLY good. The tang from the green tomatoes really changes up the flavor. 

This pizza came together on another night where I had no idea what to make and we were running short on groceries. I basically just threw everything onto a pizza crust. This has a cream cheese, olive oil, and garlic "sauce." The toppings are green tomatoes, black olives, potatoes, pepperoni, and little more cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. I am now a believer in potatoes as a pizza topping. 

As I showed you, I found a new technique for removing pomegranate seeds. So, I've been enjoying my pomegranates a lot more lately. I threw together this salad (last night) and I found it to be addicting. It's just arugula with pomegranate seeds and chopped pecans. For the dressing I just used some lime juice and olive oil. I would suggest using lemon instead, but I didn't have any. Still good!

Have you guys been whipping up anything lately?
Feel free to share!

Until next time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment