Monday, November 28, 2011

Recipe Monday

I feel like this recipe doesn't really fit in with the time of the year that it is and with the holidays. Oh well, I made it and I am sharing it. It's a nice break from all of the traditional recipes, right? Yeah, let's go with that. Okay, let's make some salmon burgers!

Ingredients
canned salmon
mayonnaise
panko crumbs
garlic powder
onion powder
parsley
olive oil (for cooking)

The reason I made (and am sharing) this recipe is because I got this canned salmon from my Dad. Remember awhile ago (I mean, we're talking first posts) when my Dad brought home some salmon from Canada? Well, he also got some of the salmon that he caught canned and just got it. So, I was thinking of a way to use it and thought of salmon burgers! Anyway, this doesn't have the ounces listed on it, but I'm assuming it's about the same as a 5 oz. can that you can find in stores. 

Mash it all up into a bowl. Is mash really the best word? You know what I mean. 

You'll then add 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 tablespoon of parsley. Mix it all into your salmon until it is well combined. 

Then add in 2 tablespoons of the panko crumbs. Mix thoroughly and it should be thick, so it holds together well. You can also add more panko crumbs if you'd prefer. Form your mixture into two patties. You can try to get more, but I think they'd be pretty small. You can always double the recipe (or triple) if you need more!

Put a little olive oil (or your cooking oil of preference) into a medium sized frying pan. Let the oil and pan heat up on a medium-high heat for a minute or two. Then add in your patties and let them cook until they get nice and golden brown on each side. This will only take about 30 second to a minute on each side. Be careful, because if you're too rough then your burger might fall apart. Then you're done as far as the actual burger goes. I'm going to show you how I decided to serve it up. 

I mixed some dill in with some butter and spread it on some regular sandwich bread. 

I toasted it up in the same pan that I used for burgers. You might want to get rid of some of the olive oil though if there seems to be too much left. 

Then I put the burger on the toasted bread along with some honey mustard, arugula, and red onions. It was awesome. I really, really enjoyed the flavor of the honey mustard with the salmon burger. Try this out if you are in the mood for something a little lighter this holiday season. I know, it doesn't make sense. Just go with it. 

Until next time. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I need to make this, and you need a search function...trying to find your hummus recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been meaning to add all of my current recipe links in the recipe tab on the top. Sorry that you couldn't find it. Here's the link to the hummus. www.saranbee.blogspot.com/2011/07/hummmus.html

      Delete