Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Week in Instagrams {Week 20}


1. Sweet potatoes are slowly becoming my favorite food. They just have an absolutely amazing flavor. I made some sweet potato hummus and it was awesome. So delicious. Not only have I been using it as a dip, but I've also been using it as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.

2. Green smoothies have been my thing this week. I bought a giant bag of baby spinach and have been tossing a huge handful in every smoothie I've made. You can't taste it at all, but it always makes your smoothie a super fun color (and it adds all the health benefits from the spinach). I'm actually enjoying one as I type this post! 2 frozen bananas + 2 cups spinach + 1 cup orange juice = one awesome smoothie.

3. I made a cute little decorative banner for Thanksgiving. You saw it earlier this week in my Wednesday post. I made it using chopsticks, the envelopes from cards I've received, and twine. I put it together thinking that I would take it with me and put it in a pie that my Mom made for Thanksgiving lunch. What did I do though? Forgot it at our apartment. Of course I did. Oh well, It was a cute little decoration either way.

4. These Cadbury eggs are my favorite Easter candy. Not the kind filled with goo, but the little ones with the crunchy shell. Well, they have them for the Christmas season now. I was a little excited when I saw them. I have a feeling that this is bad news.

5. I got to spend plenty of quality time with my family this week. It was awesome. Thursday we spent the whole day with my Mom's side of the family and yesterday we got to get together with my Dad and some family on that side. It's been fabulous. This picture was taken Wednesday night while my sister and I were helping put together everything for lunch on Thanksgiving day.

6. And here's your picture of Molly for the week. She decided that she needed to cover her eyes to get some sleep. So sorry, Molly. Next time I'll shut the lights off for you, princess.

Crohn's Update for the Week:
This week wasn't as miserable as last week. I definitely felt less bloated for the most part which was nice. Of course, I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and felt extremely nauseous and just gross all around. I don't know if it was because I was stressed and worried about how my body would handle the food that day or if it was just a bad day. Either way, the nausea seemed to back off a little and I was able to enjoy the day. The doctor that I was interested in seeing is not in the right area of coverage with my insurance. They would cover some, but only 50%. Of course, that means if I were ever to need a procedure then I'd end up paying thousands of dollars. My insurance is changing in January though, so I'm hoping that will possibly change the coverage for that doctor. We'll see I guess? I'll keep doing some research and hopefully find someone who will be just as helpful.

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment