Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I Whipped Up Wednesday!

It's time to take a break from wanting things again. Instead I am going to share some things that I've made that didn't quite make it into their own post. Last time that I did this, I think I had a crafty project along with everything else. This time around it's all food! What can I say, I love to cook...and bake...and throw stuff together and say I cooked. 

Corn salsa!
It's easy - just throw together some corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes. Top it with some lime juice and salt (and maybe some cayenne for heat). I ate mine using Wasa crackers. I love those things.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!
I had to make these, guys. I had absolutely no choice, I swear. Those bananas were turning a dark, dark brown and just staring at me. They refused to be made into anything but these delicious muffins. Man, they were delicious. I used this recipe if you're interested in making your own. 

Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup!
I know that this isn't the most attractive picture. Here's what happened. I threw together some soup and  started eating it. I realized that it was absolutely delicious and decided to take a picture AFTER I had eaten a quarter of the way through my bowl. It was seriously yummy (seriously, guys, I realize I say seriously a lot). The broth for this soup was just a combination of water and milk. Then of course you add in broccoli, potatoes, and cheddar cheese. I think I threw in some spices somewhere along the way. I'm not really being helpful at all, am I?

Pulled Pork Nachos!
My husband LOVES these. I'll admit it, I also LOVE these. Here's how I make mine: Throw some tortilla chips onto a cooking sheet. Top those with some premade barbecue pulled pork (buy some or make your own), diced jalapenos, and some queso chihuahua (seriously, use this kind. You won't regret it). Bake that in an oven set to 350 degrees until the cheese has melted (approx. 10 minutes). Then top with some pico de gallo and sour cream (or plain yogurt). These are so addictive, so try not to make them too often. The sweetness of the barbecued pork just adds something amazing. 

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment