Friday, October 21, 2011

using your herbs

As much as I love the weather getting colder, it's a little sad to see the gardening season coming to an end. This is a big time of the year for people to take their harvest and find ways to preserve or use it. Well, my garden is limited to herbs. Unless you have an indoor herb garden then it's nice to find something to do with your herbs. 

How to use: Herb Salt
This is an easy little idea that I found here. It's a helpful item to have around the kitchen for cooking. In my herb salt, I blended together fresh rosemary along with sea salt. I also added in some dried parsley and thyme for a little extra flavor. 

How to gift: Place in a mason jar and add fabric under the lid for a cute presentation.

How to use and gift: Cut a bunch of herbs from your garden (I used basil) and tie together using twine (or other ribbon). Give this to someone while it's fresh with a little note. 

How to use: Herb Butter
This is a super tasty way to use your herbs. Just dice up your preferred herb (I used basil) and blend it in with some softened butter. I also added a little bit of garlic powder. 

How to gift: Put your butter in a reusable container with the lid on. Take some extra fabric and wrap it around the closed container. Tie some twine (or other ribbon) around the fabric to hold together. 

There you go! Hopefully these are some helpful ideas for using and gifting your herbs. 

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Some wonderful herb ideas here! Great stopping by to visit with you!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete