Friday, September 23, 2011

DIY Jewelry Holder

I follow quite a few blogs. This ends up being both good and bad for me. It is good because I love being inspired by others. It is bad because I get inspired a little too easily and then end up with a huge list of projects that I want to tackle. I have been trying to get better about actually getting around to taking on these projects. Here's one idea that I'm sure a lot of you have already seen. The inspiration for this project came from pictures such as this. The inspiration for me actually taking on this project was because of a little problem that I was having. 

Kyle bought me this adorable tree jewelry holder last Christmas. I absolutely love it, but with all of my jewelry it looks a little cluttered. I noticed that the primary issue came from my necklaces. Most of them are too long and end up dragging and making the whole thing look sloppy. Eventually, I became motivated enough to actually go out and do something about this. 

You'll need a frame (or two), fabric, thumb tacks, and cup hooks. I bought these two frames from Goodwill ($1.50 total). I started off by taking everything out of the frames. 

Using the thumb tacks, I secured the fabric along the back side of the frame.

Cut off any extra fabric hanging over the edges and it should end up looking like this. 

You should be able to screw the cup hook straight into the frame if it's wood. You might need pliers of some sort to help towards the last couple of turns. You can put as many hooks around or on the frame as you would like. 


Repeat the steps for any other frames you might be using. 


Secure these frames to your wall and you are done! I used ugly 3M Strips for the time being because it is all that I had on hand. I guess I need to think things through completely next time. I didn't let that get me down though. I was still very happy with the end result! Doesn't it look so much more organized?
If you happen to find yourself having a jewelry organization crisis then I hope this comes in handy.

Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think I seriously need to do this now. Jewelry of mine is scattered through out the house lol I love your blog, by the way! Super cute :)

    xo, Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete