Friday, August 5, 2011

My Journey to Being Crafty

Awhile ago, I got inspired and decided to go shopping for some fabric. Note: I bought this fabric with high hopes of doing something with it shortly after. Well, it has been a month and I am just now getting around to even showing you guys the fabric that I bought. Unfortunately, all the fabric still looks like this and hasn't been transformed into anything spectacular. Despite that depressing news, I wanted you to take a look at all of these gorgeous colors and prints. 

Oooooh. 
These are from Hobby Lobby.

I felt like a close up was necessary in order to appreciate the pattern. 


Aaaaah.
These are from Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Again, here is another shot, so that you get a better idea of the detail on it. So cute.

Of course, the one with the cupcakes is my favorite. Unfortunately, the days are not in order on the fabric (No, Thursday does not follow Monday). It's still adorable and I've been thinking of a few different things that I could do with this fabric.  

I sit in front of our patio window to get the best lighting for a lot of my pictures. Molly likes to sit and watch me. It's pretty adorable. Also, her curly-just-bathed-fur is adorable as well. 

Here's the reason I went shopping in the first place. I remembered that my Mom had offered me an extra sewing machine that she had laying around. I decided that it is about dang time that I learn how to sew. I know, it's not a requirement to learn. I just felt that with all of the projects that I would love to do someday, that it is probably a good idea to start tackling this now. Since I am finally letting you all know that I have these items, I making it a goal of mine to actually start doing something with them. My first task will be adjusting my machine. I have no idea what that means, honestly. I am just told that it needs to be done. This is a bad sign, isn't it? 

Do you have any advice for me as I start my journey?
Any creative ideas on how I should use this fabric?

Until next time. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I just came across your blog and think its really great! I hope you come visit mine too! Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anna and Liz Recipes Thanks for taking the time check it out. I appreciate it. A lot of your recipes look super tasty!

    ReplyDelete