Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Farmers' Market Salad

As I mentioned yesterday, I wanted to share with you what I did with a lot of my finds from the Farmers' Market. Sorry, this isn't the most organized recipe. I guess I just felt like showing that I did indeed use what I bought. There are also a few other vegetables thrown in that I was given (also purchased from the Farmers' Market) and a couple that I already had from the store. 

 eggplant
bell pepper
squash
mushrooms
onion
cherry tomatoes
garlic
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

Cut up all of the vegetables (don't include the garlic here) and put them into a bowl. Season everything with some pepper and salt. I also tossed in just a tiny bit of olive oil for the cooking process. Then throw all of this onto a cooking sheet and into an oven set to 400 degrees. Let your veggies roast in the oven for around 30 minutes or until they look done to your liking. 

While you are waiting on your vegetables to be done, you can toss together your dressing. I diced up a clove of garlic then put it with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 

After the given amount of time, your vegetables should be nice and tender. 

Top them with your dressing and a little bit of fresh basil (taken from my little herb garden). 
Enjoy!

Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds suuuper tasty, I may have to try it at home!

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! looks so good! i love all of your healthy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! (and healthy!) wonderful job. Thank you for the sweet comment!
    xo, Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks A-mazing! I have been craving veggies lately. I also found out that we have a farmer's market here. I can't wait for the next one.so I can go! I may have to try your salad after I do!

    ReplyDelete