Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Post with No Photos

I wanted to do a quick update in between my "real posts" to follow up on some items that I've touched on previously. These are just some semi-personal things that I told you I would keep you updated on, so I felt that it was time to do that. Don't worry, I won't be offended if you don't find this as interesting as maybe some of my other posts.

I finished week one of the Couch to 5k program! It was really exciting and felt like such a huge accomplishment, considering I can't even tell you the last time I attempted to run. I was so pumped up about it and my sister did awesome as well. We decided to continue with the program, but to repeat week one to build up our self confidence a little more. Well, then the heat wave happened. We went out together on Monday night and got through the workout, but it was absolutely horrible. It has only gotten hotter since (right now it feel like 111 degrees outside, sick). I don't own a treadmill or that would be a great solution. So, this week kind of got put on hold. What a downer. At the same time though, just knowing I can get out there for 30 minutes a day and do a good workout (when nature isn't working against me) is a wonderful feeling.

I had a follow-up conversation with my doctor. I had been on my steroid for a little over two weeks and was feeling SO much better. My doctor was thrilled to hear this and due to my response to the medication, I've basically been diagnosed with Crohn's officially. The steroid is definitely not something that my doctor wanted me to stay on. It was used to get rid of the flare-up and irritation that it was causing. It was also used as a tool to make a diagnosis. So, I am now in the process of lowering my dosage of the steroid week-by-week and switching over to another medication. Of course, I am still watching my (bad) fat intake and trying to be more aware of what I put into my body in general.

I've been messing around with how my blog looks lately. Did you notice? I completely changed the design of it within this past week. I've also decided to add on a little handwritten signature at the end. What do you think about it? I thought it was a fun touch that I've seen on many blogs. I've always loved the idea. I've really been enjoying the process of becoming a blogger and I hope you all are enjoying what I have to say.

Until next time.

1 comment: